1. Upcycle old towels and clothes for potty training, lining the crate, wiping off dirty feet, drying off, cuddling and cleaning. You’ll be surprised how many new uses those old threads can have.
2. Keep your home airtight with an energy efficient pet door. Pick the right size for your pets and let them come and go as they please while minimizing outside air coming in. All the benefits without the hassle!
3. Make your own accident cleaner with hot water, vinegar, baking soda and rosemary. Sprinkle baking soda over the area before spraying a 1:1 vinegar and water mixture with a few drops of rosemary essential oil to prevent any stains and discourage any re-staining from occurring.
4. Go thrifting! Score some deals for you and you and your furry friends at your local thrift store or resale shop. You’ll save money and help a worthy cause.
5. Feed your pet high quality food from a sustainable manufacturer. While there’s a lot of debate on what’s the best option, the bottom line is that the food should be made of simple, healthy ingredients (just like your food!).
6. Scoop poop with biodegradable bags instead of plastic bags from the grocery store. Yes, you read that right – biodegradable bags allow poop to fertilize the landfill instead of immortalizing it in a plastic bag forever. Fill the litter box with an eco-friendly cat litter, avoiding brands with mined minerals.
—The EnergyEarth Team
© 2013 Energy Earth LLC. All Rights Reserved.