Allergy season is upon us. Whether or not it has hit your area yet, one thing is certain: it’s coming, and if you have allergies, it’s coming for you.
Soon, the dreaded yellow particles will be coating every available surface, making it impossible to avoid! Here are some great tips to help you get through allergy season without sneezing from dawn ‘til dusk.
1. Take an antihistamine at least 30 minutes before going outside.
2. Minimize outdoor activity when pollen counts are high. Peak pollen times are usually between 10am and 4pm. You can even check out your area’s pollen count for the day and plan accordingly!
4. Thoroughly clean you home – you’d be surprised how much pollen and dust can collect on surfaces in no time.
5. Wash bedding regularly.
6. Invest in an energy efficient air purifier to keep your home’s air clean and refreshing.
7. Take a shower before bed – you’ll sleep better without pollen on you!
8. Bathe your pets frequently and keep them off of furniture, if possible. Pollen can cling to your dog or cat’s fur and get tracked indoors.
We hope these tips help you and loved ones have a happy and healthy spring season, no matter the pollen count!
—The EnergyEarth Team
© 2013 Energy Earth LLC. All Rights Reserved.