Juicy, fresh blackberries and wholesome oats combine to make this easy, healthy and delicious dessert. Perfect with vanilla ice cream on warm summer days or with a cup of coffee by the fire on cold winter nights!
What you’ll need:
4-5 cups fresh blackberries
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups rolled oats
1½ cups raw sugar + 1½ tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1½ cups butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, combine raw sugar and molasses with a hand mixer (you now have brown sugar!).
- Add flour, oats, brown sugar mixture, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press half of mixture in the bottom of a 9”x13” pan, then cover with the berries. Sprinkle remaining crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the blackberries are bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
And there you have it! Serve warm with ice cream or coffee and refrigerate the leftovers for up to a week. Not totally healthy, but not totally unhealthy. And did we mention it’s delicious?!
—The EnergyEarth Team
© 2013 Energy Earth LLC. All Rights Reserved.